Samsung Global Goals Privacy Notice
Effective Date: August 23, 2019
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., along with our affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Samsung”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Samsung Global Goals Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we obtain through Samsung Global Goals (“SGG”). It does not apply to information collected by other apps, websites or services provided by Samsung.
Information We Obtain
Through SGG, we may obtain information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
1. If you install SGG for the first time, application installation identifier, or, if SGG comes preloaded then device-based identifier; and
2. Point accumulation and donation status.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain through SGG to:
• To provide SGG, including without limitation managing point accumulation and donations;
• identify and authenticate you so you may use SGG;
• respond to your requests, inquiries, and instructions made through SGG;
• operate, evaluate and improve SGG and our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and customer base; conducting market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
• protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
Updates to This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to SGG or changes in the applicable law. We will indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.