Samsung Global Goals Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1 September 2020
At Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (“Samsung”), we know how important privacy is to our customers. We created this Privacy Notice to make sure you understand how we collect and use your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Through SGG, Samsung obtains and maintains information about you in various ways.
Information You Provide Directly
1. When you log in to your Samsung Account and information on your Samsung account, such as your Samsung account ID.
Information About Your Use of SGG
In addition to the information you provide, we will collect information about your use of SGG through the software on your devices and by other means. We will collect:
2. The application installation identifier when you install SGG for the first time, or, if SGG comes preloaded, then the device-based identifier;
3. Points accumulation and your donation status;
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
• To provide SGG, including but not limited to the managing of points accumulation and donations, or any other feature you request;
• To help you or your device register for SGG;
• To analyse SGG to help us understand our customers better and for offering the most relevant communications, services and experiences to you;
• To provide software updates, maintenance services and support for SGG;
• To protect the rights, property or safety of Samsung Electronics, or any of our affiliates, business partners or customers.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated to let you know about changes in how we collect and process your information on SGG or any changes with the related laws. The date when the document was last updated is shown at the top of this Privacy Notice.